Sunday, September 16, 2007

Paging All Book Lovers


My friend Gregory told me I am supposed to mention the books I'm currently reading. Apparently this is de rigor on blogs. Okay.

I just finished "Stop Stealing Sheep." Ha! I'm kidding. That's my friend Tracy's book and it's about good graphic design, not rustling lambs. I tell you: foxes are not the sneaky killers you all seem to think we are.

I do admit to enjoying a good mystery now and again...although I've never read any about paltry poultry killers. The book I am enjoying right now is "My Soul Finds Rest" by the amazing, unmistakable Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

I wonder what Bonhoeffer means in German. It must mean something like "good writer", "great thinker" or "wow." This is an incrediable book, a reflection on the Palms. I warn you though: do not start this book unless you want to think deeply and to face some hard challenges--even for a swell, kind fox like myself.

I've been dipping into a couple of other lighter books too. See? Not a chicken cookbook or "Deception for Dummies" among them. We foxes are really quite gentle and wise. But today, I think I'll pull out "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile" and visit an old friend.

Sincerely,
Creme Brule

No comments: