Saturday, September 15, 2007

Picnic Anyone?


The world is a busy place. No one stays still long. They are on the go. If they are forced to stay in one place for more than 30 seconds, they whisk out their pda-blackberry-cell phone contraptions and check out mentally.

Me, I'm more for a quiet pace and a quiet place. Corny though it is (and, by the way, I love corn--more about that later), I think what the world needs more is love sweet love..... Are you humming along? or am I humming alone?

Anyway, picnics! That's the answer. Leave the palm pulser at home and go sit underneath a palm tree...or a pine tree...or oak...or whatever floats your boat. You cannot be stressed on a picnic. It's impossible.

Today, I packed a lovely lunch for two. In a nod to our friends to the south, I served guacamole, chips (El Matador!), enchiladas and soft drinks. Are soft drinks Latin American? Probably not. Oh well. At least we had chocolate for dessert. Knowing the need for a bit of improvisation in life, I suggested we start with our chocolate first.

I feel nice and calm now--ready to take on another week. Why don't you join me next time? The only thing better than a picnic is one with lots of friends.

Sincerely,
Creme Brule

No comments: